Job: Cyber Essentials Assessor
We’re looking for a knowledgeable and articulate person with three or more years’ experience working in an Information Technology role and ready to move into Cyber Security as a career. Or you may already hold a junior security role and wish to progress your career in cyber security.
You’ll have a passion for cyber security and be able to demonstrate this. The successful candidate will receive training to gain qualifications to become a Cyber Essentials assessor, if required.
The successful candidate must be able to hold BPSS clearance as a minimum.
Application & Interview Process
Please apply by completing the application form below. Please do not send a CV. Guidance for submitting your application is included in the form.
Interviews will be held at our offices in Maryport, Cumbria or over Microsoft Teams.
If you prefer to download the job description and person specification, please use the link below:
BENEFITS: Indelible Data Limited offers an excellent working environment, with benefits ranging from blended working patterns to a pension contribution and life insurance.
EMPLOYER: Indelible Data Limited
LOCATION: Contractually based at our office, Maryport Business Centre, Main Road, Maryport CA15 8NG however we are open to blended working patterns (home, site and office-based).
REPORTS TO: Finance and Operations Director
HOURS: 37.5 hrs a week.
SALARY: Starting from £25,000 per annum full-time depending on skills and experience
Rising to £27,500 upon successful completion of Cyber Essentials assessor examinations. Full training and funding provided.
DURATION: Permanent, full-time
ABOUT INDELIBLE DATA:
Our vision: To deliver effective, affordable cyber security to all sizes and types of clients throughout the UK and Europe.
Our mission: Indelible Data is an award-winning cyber security company recognized most recently at the 2022 Britain’s Energy Coast Business Cluster Awards as winner of Developing the Next Generation Award.
We are a small but growing company offering Cyber Essentials Certification, ISO 27001 consultancy and Penetration Testing, with more than 500 customers ranging from micro companies to major defence, construction and other multi-nationals.
You will be joining a busy and dynamic company, which gives equal opportunity to all staff to develop both professionally and personally.
We have a generous training budget, with apprenticeship opportunities, continued professional development training and the chance to gain new qualifications.
Staff are encouraged to maintain a healthy work/life balance and there is a focus in the workplace on supporting personal wellbeing.
The team regularly takes time out from work to enjoy fully funded team building events such as paint balling; go-karting and escape rooms with the chance to socialise afterwards over food and drink.
Expansion of the team is required due to continued and rapidly rising demand for our services, thanks to the reputation we have built.
What colleagues say about working here:
“I have always felt like a valued member of the company. The opportunities and support provided have enabled me to progress into a management role alongside developing my knowledge and skills in a new area through a degree apprenticeship.”
“Working at Indelible Data is very rewarding and the management is always approachable and easy to talk to. The company always listens to me and tries to support me in developing myself through training and qualifications around my interests.”
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- To assess clients applying for Cyber Essentials Basic certification (subject to achieving necessary qualifications while in post)
- To assess clients applying for Cyber Essentials Plus certification (subject to achieving necessary qualifications while in post)
- To work with the technical team to investigate new industry developments and threats.
- To assist with Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Scanning.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- To assess client’s Cyber Essentials submissions
- Calls with clients to help them understand Cyber Essentials requirements
- Conducting vulnerability scans of client infrastructure
- Answering technical queries from clients
- Liaise with the Admin team regarding scheduling
- Researching cyber security vulnerabilities and solutions
- Taking part in technical team development projects
- Assisting with Penetration Testing projects
- Represent Indelible Data and help to raise the profile of our services as opportunities arise
- Contribute to news articles, web content and other information for publicity and to raise the profile of our company
- Ensure documents are completed, updated and filed appropriately in accordance with our ISO 27001 requirements
- Participate in staff meetings, team briefings and training
- Perform other duties that may be required from time to time
Essential skills and attributes:
- Three years of experience working in an Information Technology role
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Confident, with the ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Proven ability to use initiative and make effective decisions
- Ability to prioritise work, manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Organised, dedicated, highly motivated and reliable
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer packages (Word, Excel, Outlook); working knowledge of SharePoint and Teams; and a working knowledge of common ethical hacking tools such as nmap and other tools in the Kali Linux suite
- A passion for cyber security and a commitment to our ethical aims and values
If you would like more information about the role, please contact Indelible Data Finance and Operations Director Anna Wilson.
Tel. 01900 818000